Register your child for Free School Meals:
your child gets free meals and the College gets extra funding.
Register now: don’t miss out
The College will receive funding for every child registered either currently or during the last six years. With this money we could offer additional tuition to support your child’s study or help fund after College activities and trips they may wish to attend. Students who enter Post 16 at the College who have previously been registered for Free School Meals are entitled to a bursary.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please check with us.
Contact the appropriate Key Stage Office
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, simply follow
the instructions on the back of the form we supply Contact the appropriate Key
Stage Office for the form
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more that £350 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £935 extra.
4. It is far more discrete for students to pick up their daily meal with the College cashless system (sQuid) – they simply swipe their card each time.
5. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the College still gets £935 extra