Students should arrive at College by 8.25 am.
Walking or by Bicycle
We encourage students to ride to walk to College or travel by bike where practical. Secure storage for bicycles is provided on both sites. Students must
If walking students should use pedestrian crossings where provided: especially in Gipsy lane.
Town bus service
For those who travel by bus you should be aware of pick up times and ensure a bus is used which will arrive in good time. We expect good behaviour on buses.
Those who are in rural areas and are picked by coach must be aware of the pick up times. Safe disembarking parks are provided within the College grounds. The College does not take responsibility for your child after they leave the coach when travelling home. Misbehaviour on coaches is not acceptable and action will be taken if a report is received from the coach company/driver or another student on board.
In order that students are not endangered by additional traffic we must ask you NOT to drive your son/daughter to the College gates as this is causes congestion and it is very hard to manage the safe arrival and departure of our students. We do not want any student to be injured in a road traffic accident.
· Exmouth community College supports the (DCC) Devon County Council’s “No Pass No Travel Scheme” that operates on transport to and from this school.
· Only students who show a valid travel pass to the driver on every journey will be allowed to travel. Students must travel on the vehicle indicated on their pass.
· Please ensure that your child has their travel pass before they leave home every day.
· Please ensure that your child knows what to do in the event they are not allowed to travel or the bus does not arrive (e.g. because of breakdown or traffic conditions or severe weather). School attendance is very important and it is best to be prepared for any of these eventualities.
· DCC will carry out regular pass checks throughout the year.
· Drivers are not allowed to carry passengers who cannot show a valid pass.
· If your child loses their pass during the day they should go to the administration office to ask for a 10 day temporary pass. Replacement passes cost £5 each and can be ordered online, or by sending a cheque with a replacement form.
Further info available at: