Keeping Your Children Safe Online:
Risk, Behaviours, Technology, Advice and Resources.
Monday 19th February 2018 – 6.45pm-9pm – Main Hall, Green Close
Donations at door (suggested £5) – NO CHILDREN
As part of the continuous promotion of the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people I would like to invite you to a presentation by Simon Snell (Safeguarding Consultant and former police head of child exploitation unit) on “Keeping Your Children Safe Online – risk, behaviours, technology, advice and resources.” This presentation shall include:
· The latest technologies and trends around Internet use by children.
· The way we use the Internet compared with children
· Advice around gaming, apps and social networking
· The use of the mobile phone
· What impact does the Internet have on children and how much time do they spend on it.
· Advice on what to do and where to find resources.
· Radicalisation, sexting and pornography
· Your own digital footprint
The presentation will be given by Simon Snell a safeguarding consultant who regularly delivers this session in his professional capacity. Please note that due to the nature of the content children should not attend.
Please confirmation of your attendance via email; using the subject line “Keeping safe online talk”, stating the number of people wishing to attend and the year group your child is in by Friday the 9th February 2018 to .
Mrs Gillian Mills
ICT and Computing KS3 Coordinator
Simon Snell & his son Alex are riding the Big Battlefield Bike Ride in June 2018 to raise funds for Help for Heroes. We ask that parents please make a voluntary donation, at the door, towards this cause; all proceeds of this event will go to the charity.
MONDAY 5TH FEBRUARY:
Presentations to Year 7, 8 and 9
MONDAY 19 FEBRUARY:For adults only
Presentation to Parents/Carers Only.
Main Hall. 6.45pm - 9.00pm
THE INTERNET COULD CHANGE YOUR CHILD’S LIFE - for the worse - SO FIND OUT HOW TO KEEP THEM SAFE.
See letter below
Book your place contact: